Tuesday, September 9, 2008

INDY CAR YEAR END AWARDS

One of the things you will be able to gather from my blog is that my favorite form of Motor Racing is Indy Car. With the IRL crowning Scott Dixon as its champion this weekend. I offer to you the Indy Car Year end Awards. I will have several awards ranging from Driver Of The Year, to Bonehead of the year. Today I will give out the award Crash Of The Year.

The crash of the year award was made much harder this year due to Dario Franchitti's foray in to the world of Tin Tops. However there was still one crash that stood out from the rest. Anytime a race car gets airborne it is a spectacular site. NASCAR race cars rarely get airborne these days due to the Roush Roof Flaps, and the side window mandated on ovals over one mile in length. Indy cars are a different Story. DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

The winner of the 1st annual Motor Racing Online Indy Car Crash of the Year is.....

Vitor Meira at Milwaukee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=potxt1M05J8&feature=related

I hope this is not the last time we speak of Vitor on this blog. He is a great guy and I think he, along with Paul Tracy NEEDS TO BE IN INDY CAR next year.






No comments: