Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Chase is On.

The week the chase for the Winston... umm Nextel/Sprint Cup is on. As we enter the chase Jimmie Johnson is clearly the hottest driver, winner of the Past 2 cup races and the past 2 cup championships. I think he is the odds on favorite to win a third championship in a row, and clearly the sexy pick with the NASCAR talking heads. I however am not picking him to win it all. I have to go with Kyle Busch. I am quickly becoming a fan of Ky. Busch. His take no prisoners attitude is what racing should be about. He is all about winning and that is what racing is all about. Winning. I think that Ky. Busch's goal is to win all the chase races, and I guarantee you that barring an injury or sabotage he will will more chase races than any other Driver, and take home his first of many Cup Championships.

One of my criticisms of NASCAR is "points racing". I translate that into , well we can't win this weekend so lets try to be the 10th place loser. As Ricky Bobby said, "If you ain't First, your Last." I wish more NASCAR drivers had that mentality.

No comments: